9.14.2010

Autumn Air.

I have to admit, I haven't been very inspired lately.  It has really been a challenge for me to find things that make me feel happy or good inside.  Everything just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Today, I searched and searched for something, anything, that i could feel inspired by or happy about.  As I was walking across campus, purposefully stepping only on the crunchy looking leaves, i remembered how young I feel.  How, being 7 or 10 or 13, it all seems so recent for me.  I remember blissfully raking up the leaves in the front yard with my brothers, trying to make it as big as possible, and then jumping in it.  I admit that fall has that certain indescribable wistful feel to it- and i honestly love it- right at the end of summer and the beginning of fall.   Sometimes, I think its good to remember what made you happy when you were younger because we didn't have the cloud of stress, work, relationships, and clutter that is in our lives as we grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer