11.24.2010

Dolce Far Niente.

The sweetness of doing nothing.

Always inspired as I am by the movie Eat, Pray, Love,  I was particularly touched by this italian saying.

It's something I really do not often get to do, and something that is so quickly taken advantage of.

There is a place in my heart where I truly feel like Rome is as much my home as my home is here in Colorado.  There is something so wonderful about the way Italians live, the loss of the strictness of time, the speak your mind, lets take a nap halfway through work, and enjoy our food and wine, way-of-life.

This particular sweetness of Italian culture is something I want to incorporate into my life more frequently.
Marty Party does this so well! Look at him basking in the warm November sun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer