7.24.2012

Happy Bites.

So, it's no secret that I struggle with keeping my energy up (especially without my daily cuppa cappucino), but these little energy bites make me happy and wake me up! They were the easiest thing I have made in a long time, and since I have had literally zero time to bake anything, I was super-happy I found my new go-to recipe.  These are great little snacks during the day, dessert, or the perfect midnight snack.  My little secret: try freezing them!

No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Flax Granola)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls. {via gimme some oven}

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 24, 2012

    I got to try them and now I am thoroughly addicted. :) Yum

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer