12.01.2012

6 Thoughts You Should Have by Noon.


Mornings are the most important time of the day.  The mood you start with determines the quality of your entire day.  If you could give someone the best part of your day, it would be your morning.  Take out the mental garbage in the morning to let in some room for positivity to entire your life.  This morning, a Saturday morning, I woke up and went to yoga.  I could've stayed in my comfy bed and slept in, but I to value balance over excessiveness (my middle name) this morning.  That choice alone started me off on the right foot this morning.  After an hour of the most intense yoga/weights/100degree/extreme cardio/almost passing out, I sweat the trash out of my body.  I focused my thoughts on "only positive thoughts about myself" because so often, I find myself feeding junk and negativity into my mind- and what's worse is I believe it.  I found this article that one of my favorite blogs/organizations, The Shine Project, posted.  I am challenging myself to start my day off right for the next 7 days and make an intentional habit of starting my day off right.  Won't you join me?
  

Here are 6 Thoughts You Should Have by Noon.


1. Today is going to be even better than yesterday- This thought serves two purposes. If you had a really rotten day yesterday, feed your mind with thoughts that today is going to be better. It doesn't have to be the best day in your entire life, but it needs to just be better than yesterday. Now, if yesterday was an amazing day, then more power to you. Tell yourself that today will be even better. Sometimes, when we reach goals or really great things happen, we slip into this goal coma because we've already reached what we wanted to do... and now what? Tell yourself that even though yesterday was incredible, today is going to be even better.

2. The world needs me today because I can offer (fill in the blank)- Sometimes it's overwhelming to complete tasks when we compare ourselves to other people. There's so many people in this world, how could I possibly do anything that matters? That thought is so toxic. Tell yourself why the world needs you today. Pin point specific examples and build yourself up to accomplish great things throughout the day.

3. My main priority today is (fill in the blank)- I have found that starting your day with a specific purpose helps you stay on task and create meaning behind your time throughout the day. When we reach goals and are able to feel like we have accomplished something, we feel good about ourselves and less overwhelmed about everything that we feel we need to do. Know your purpose when your feet hit the floor in the morning.

4. Today, I'm really excited to (fill in the blank)- I've met a lot of people who feel they are stuck in mundane routines. It is important that we get excited about our day, otherwise we will never be excited about life! Pin point something that you are excited about. It could be as simple as "I'm really excited to cook spaghetti for dinner because I know that my kids love it." 

5. I'm really grateful for (fill in the blank)- I have found that picking out specific blessings in  my life helps me carry a better attitude during the day. It helps me not to focus on what I don't have, and pay attention to what I do. Someone ones told me, "There's no room for discouragement in a grateful heart." There's no room for discouragement in your day, so fill your heart with gratitude.

6. I'm going to make my best effort- It's hard to fail at something when you're continually feeding your mind with positive thoughts that you're going to try and work as hard as you can.  Let your body and mind know that no matter what, you are going to give today everything you have. Working hard feels good. So give your best effort today.

Shine on.
Article via The Shine Project
Photo via The Daybook
Listening to Bloom

1 comment:

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer