4.28.2013

Live The Dash.



I have always been independent.  I like being in control of where I live, what I do, what I eat, when I go, and who I am with.  I like creating goals and planning the steps to achieve them.   I am an idealist, meaning that I tend to look towards the future and have an optimistic viewpoint.  We all want good things to happen in our lives, but sometimes it feels like it’s just taking too long!  I have been in that state of impatience lately, but I am coming to realize that it is a direct result of me not trusting God’s plan for my life. 

Wait with Patience

I am so worried about what is next and action planning that I am missing the point of it all.  Impatience and worry drain us of peace and joy.  I want so badly to know what the plan for my life is, so that I can have something to work towards.  I want to know my purpose!  But right now, he just wants me to wait, and that is the toughest challenge of all.  It’s not hard because I don’t trust that God has the best plans for me, but because I am human and I just want to know what the future holds.  At this moment, I guess I’m not supposed to know, but I have faith that the knowledge will come when the time is right. 

Start Living

It is time to start living again and stop being impatient for the “next thing.”  If we always live in the land of “when I…” or “if only…” we miss out on so much around us.  I want to make a conscious effort to maximize my time in the moment.   We all have to wait at certain points in our lives.  The question is, how do we wait?  We can either wait with impatience by just making the time pass, or we can make the most of the in-betweens.  

In the Dash

I recently read a poem called “The Dash” which really struck a cord in me.  What will really matter in the end, when all is said and done?  Will you look back on your life with regrets?  What can you change now to make the most of your time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer