10.22.2013

Takin' the Tiki Tour.


Tiki tour
A roundabout way to get somewhere – taking the scenic route

4 Days.  In some ways it feels like it took forever and in some ways it seemed so quick.  After all, I did decide that I wanted to move to New Zealand in June, and it is now almost Halloween.  I cannot believe that I have been back from California in Colorado for 3 months, though. Sheesh, time flies.

I want to remember what this feels like... that week before you make a really big move.  So, how do I feel?  I don't feel anything!  Excited? eh. Scared? eh. Curious? eh. I wish I had a grand explanation of what it feels like, but it just feels like any other day, except I have an extra-long to-do list.

Why am I even going to New Zealand?  Well, for one, I have great business opportunities there.  Secondly, I've always wanted to visit and my best friends are moving there.  Thirdly, it gets me closer to my true love, Australia.

Who knows? I might love it, I might hate it, but at least I can say I gave it a try.  And why not? I want to live my life to the fullest of its potential, and I'd say that moving to New Zealand is a pretty great way of living.

I have to say, I am worried about one thing... my name.  I know from experience that Kiwi's pronounce my name "Jenni," as "Jinny," and I am not okay with that.  I'm thinking I may officially change my name to "Summer" if it bugs me too bad.

I have sort of taken a hiatus on my blog due to the fact that... well, all I do all day at work is blog.  I am wanting to keep it updated on my travels, though.  It keeps a sort of diary on the internet of my travels, pictures, memories.  Plus, that way you can live vicariously through me.

Meanwhile, here is what I will be missing while I am away:
Wait... why am I leaving again?!

1 comment:

  1. Hard to put into words, but I think you just put it into words perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer