4.09.2014

Letting Go.


{via}

Life is full of changes, some of which we welcome and some of which we fear.  Everyone has their list of fears, although each is unique based on individual circumstances and personality.

For example,
I embrace change, adrenaline rushes, and writing.
I fear speaking in public, commitments, and making mistakes.

While my fears might be your strengths and my strengths might be your fears, it all comes down to letting go.   It’s time to overcome it and live the free life that was meant to be yours.

I live my life challenging my fears.  Whenever I get to a place in my life where I feel stagnant, I take a look at what scares me, and I do it.  This allows me to constantly live a life fearlessly and embrace freedom from the bondage of my fears.

I’m going to admit something, though: It is hard, even for me – someone who loves change, adventure, and a good adrenaline rush.  Every time I face a time in my life where the waves calm and I’m left staring straight into the eyes of the shark, it is scary as hell.  I feel the surge of fear and doubt bubbling up deep in my soul.  I feel weak, shaky, and faint.  It’s a terrible feeling, and we all know it all too well.

So, how do I overcome these fears?  Well, the best way I’ve found is to dive into the deep end.  This can be dangerous, but this has given me a life free of regrets.
  • See locals jumping off a 50-foot cliff into the ocean?  Jump.
  • Stuck in a toxic or abusive relationship?  Break up.
  • Scared of driving on the other side of the road? Get in the drivers seat and go.
  • Stuck in a 9 to 5 job and see it going nowhere? Quit.
  • Afraid of speaking in public?  Plan an event and speak.

In each occasion, I have had support in my decision.  I have someone standing next to me, someone who I trust, counting.  1, 2, 3… Jump.  I couldn’t do it without that person.  When facing your fears, you must not go about it alone.  Instead, bring people who support your decision to the starting line and let them count for you when the numbers just won’t come out.  Then, make up your mind that however you feel at that moment after 3, you will follow through.  You will fully let go of your fear and embrace the new.

Obviously, you must be wise in your decision making, but this kind of living will open you up to new experiences and a life that you’ve always dreamed of.   If I had passed these fear-injected opportunities by, I would have something way worse than fear: Regret.

I think that’s probably the dirtiest word in my mental dictionary.  Regret.  It even sounds nasty.

I have a life motto, which you may have seen here or there.   It says,
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving, safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways with wine in one hand, chocolate in the other, shouting ‘WooHoo! What a ride!’”

I’d pretty much say that quote sums up living your life to the fullest, and is the very antithesis of regret.

While my intentions have shifted from selfish to God-given desires as I’ve matured, I still adhere to this concept because I believe that God wants me to enjoy my life.  A lot of Christians take the enjoyment part out of their relationship with God, even though that is his ultimate gift, isn’t it?  To enjoy his creation, the people we love, and, ultimately, Him?

I’m still afraid of speaking in public, but I know that my support system, my friends and family, will all be there counting me down to the moment when I jump swiftly into the unknown, letting completely go of all I know to be true, and let God unfold his plans for me.

Letting go is often required for you to move forward in your life.  I challenge you, if you feel that you’ve become complacent and safe, to take a look at your fears and decide to let them go, one by one.  Each fear is holding you back from your true potential.  Each time you let a fear go, no matter how small, you will gain strength.

Sometimes we fear our dreams, but I’d like to encourage you to challenge that thought and pursue you dreams.  Sweep each fear away like the insignificant reality that they truly are.

Soon enough, you will find that you are living a life of freedom, and feeling more alive than ever before!

I challenge myself, as well.


Challenge accepted.

Now, let's all sing together... Let it go, let it go...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing?
    I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this
    blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend
    a good web hosting provider at a fair price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!



    My web page: релефен печат; ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUY ORIGINAL NOVELTY ID CARD,DRIVERS LICENSE,PASSPORTS,VISA
    World Best documentation centre has years of experience producing fake passports,Driving Licenses and other identity documents. We use high quality equipment and materials to produce counterfeit passports. All secret features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our falsified documents. We are the best producer of quality fake documents. With over 30million of out documents circulating over the world. We offer only original high-quality fake money ,passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italia, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom. Dubai(the emirates) and many more.

    To get the additional information and order visit our email team
    Quick, General and Technical support Visit our Website

    Website: https://majesticpassports.com

    Phone Number: +1(925) 338 9583

    Whatsapp == +1(925) 338 9583

    Website: Buy Registered Passports, Drivers Licence

    Buy Original registered Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage
    certificates,diplomas etc.

    CONTACT CHANELS

    Website: https://majesticpassports.com

    Phone Number: +1(925) 338 9583

    Whatsapp == +1(925) 338 9583

    Email:.........majesticpassport@zoho.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer