2.02.2011

Sunscreen & Sand.

 I went to Manly Beach and became severely sunburnt, but I guess that's the fastest way to a tan.  One of the funniest things I learned from my true Aussie friends is that they use spray tan and tanning lotion to get that great glow.  They always lather on the sunscreen to protect their skin.  Once upon a time, I used to fake and bake. Then, on my 22nd birthday I began to freak out about my skin.  I went to a dermatologist to check what the best way to prevent wrinkles was and she told me to use Olay Regenerist Syrum and sunscreen every single day.  I'll never forget her- she looked like she was 20 and she was in her 40's.  She told me that since she was 13 she has worn sunscreen on her face without fail in every type of weather. I'm pretty sure that the perpetrator for my wicked sunburn is the spray sunscreen being blown by the sea breeze before it stuck to my skin.  So, from now on I'm using a lotion.
It's so crazy that it is freezing and blizzarding back home and here it is night and I swear the sun is still beating down on me.  Last night was the hottest night in Australian history or 36.  Everyone always asks me what my plan is- truth is I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow!  It's hard for people to accept an answer like that, but my mind is still detoxing from the stress I left behind.  I can't think for the future or the past.  Only the present floats through my mind.... warm sea breeze.... hot summer rain.... rhythmic waves.... soft sand....

13 comments:

  1. hello sand!! I will too :))
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the snow vs sand images! cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the beautiful sunshine. We just had a big snowstorm! Live your life and don't worry about tomorrow.

    xo L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would trade this snow for some sand too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be at the beach right now. The beach is definitely my favorite place to be in the world. Doesn't matter which beach as long as there is the ocean and sun. I'm happy. (Provided that it isn't extremely dirty)





    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO jealous!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your live in the moment attitude! It is brave and the best way to ensure that you enjoy every minute of your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh this is great!!! I love the two pics!! You're lucky...I have to wait some months to go to the beach

    http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha yep, Australia has such high skin cancer rates so me and my friends all use spray tan!! how are you liking it so far? hope youre loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hihi.....and hello summer, please, please! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! Bring back some sun to me!!! I am buried in snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the snow and sand pictures are such a good idea! :) ohh hating the US snowstorm - luckily no snow in southern SC but it's rainy and windy and so depressing! i miss hot summer days...

    http://thisisilona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer