What would make today great? If I could ask myself this everyday and reach towards that goal by doing some of these “great day” ideas every day, maybe I could start to feel like every day was a great day and live without regrets on how I spent my time. It wouldn’t have to be big, but each step might bring me closer to the kind of day that I want to spend.
So many times in a week I say, “I feel like I don’t have any time!” The truth is I do have the same amount of time as I did before, I am just choosing ways of living it that make me feel as if I am not living it in the best way possible. On this journey of trying to find balance in my life, I have created this list of what would make today a “great day” in practical terms. Of course, impractically, I would quit my job, fly to Australia, and spend the entire day drinking Mimosas on the beach with my twinzies. Daydreaming is good and I believe in the absolute possibility of that being feasible, but I know it is not practical for this particular day. Sometimes you have to learn to appreciate what you have in this very moment without getting distracted by the "what-ifs" and "could-bes." By knowing the elements of what it would take to make today a great day, it will make it incredibly easier to make it a reality.
· Wake up on time and feel full of energy to take on the day
· Having a Skype date with one of my best friends at the Coffee Bean & Tea House while I have a yogurt and fruit parfait and a Dragon Tea Latte (still off of coffee a.t.m.)
· Walk to the bus & walk to work from the bus stop (mini-workout)
· Have a great balance of energy throughout the whole day
· Sit down at work and great everyone with a genuine smile
· Write a productive to-do list for the day and accomplish everything on it
· Work on and present my creative ideas to top management with a great response and back-up
· Have productive conversations at work with my colleagues
· Make people happy at work by doing something special for them (I.e. bring coffee, make brownies, etc..)
· Go to the beach on my lunch break- meditate and devo while snacking on some healthy foods
· Improve the workplace a little bit every day (work towards my goal of making it as fun as Google)
· Empower the people around me and inspire my friends (via text/Facebook/blog) throughout the day to be better
· After work sunset yoga and a massage afterwards
· Meet up with my friends for our weekly Monday meet-up to learn about our pasts and present and be there for each other and love eachother while eating some great food and sharing insights
· Have time to write a great blog post without feeling pressured or rushed
· Clarity of thought & Only speaking when I have something of value to say throughout the day
· Learn something new to improve myself and actually apply it
· Bake something amazing from my Pinterest “Feel Hungry” board without over-eating it and saving it to spread joy throughout the day tomorrow
· Spend some time in the Word and get filled up on God’s love for me until I am overflowing with joy
· Spend the rest of the night talking and laughing with my roomies and going to bed feeling like I had accomplished great things today
What would you add to your list?