1.14.2013

Potato Chip Rock.


I saw a picture of a friend on Facebook on this "Potato Chip Rock” hanging over a cliff, and instantly I looked it up on Google to see where in the world was this rock so that I could fly there immediately.  It turns out it was just 30 minutes from my new home in San Diego.  Only problem was, you can't just drive to it.  You have to hike 8 miles on a rigorous trail.  This was a problem since I had never hiked before, and I was worried about my fitness level from the scary reviews. I wanted to get up there so badly though that I pushed past my fear of not being able to make it up.  I'm not going to lie- it was intense, and I probably won't do it again. But I made it, and it was actually amazing! I finally understand why people hike, now. I felt so exhausted and sore for days and days after, but I had accomplished something that I didn't think was physically possible for me- and that was the best feeling in the world.

Hiking in San Diego is way different to me than hiking in Colorado. All I kept thinking while I was hiking this trail was that I felt like I was on the set of The Flintstones.  There were no trees the entire time, but there were boulders everywhere. The greatest part about hiking in San Diego is that you can actually see the ocean from the top of the mountain.

If you are ever in San Diego, definitely add this to your to-do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on my adventures around the world :) I appreciate your comments so much! Thank you! Xx, Summer